Whether you’re thinking travelling to volunteer for CQNW or another Camp Quest affiliate, to the leadership summit, or if you just need a little bit of financial help to be able to attend camp, there are several types of financial assistance that volunteer staff can request. Here are the basics about the different types of grants that you can apply for.
Staff Travel Grant
CQNW can provide financial assistance for airfare and other expenses for three different types of travel.
- General Staff Travel Grant to bring in staff from out of the area to volunteer at a CQNW camp session.
- Priority is given for specialist positions and other positions of critical need.
- Staff Ambassador Travel Grant to send CQNW staff members to other Camp Quest affiliates to foster informational exchanges and goodwill.
- Priority is given to sending “graduated” LT campers to other CQ affiliates so that they can have their first experience as a counselor at a camp where they will not be put in an awkward situation of being responsible for their camp friends.
- Volunteers must show proof of acceptance on staff at the Camp Quest affiliate.
- Volunteers must receive a recommendation by a member of senior leadership or their former LT counselor.
- Volunteers must also plan to be on staff at one or more CQNW sessions during the summer in which they intend to travel.
- Leadership Summit Travel Grant to send CQNW staff members to the Camp Quest annual national leadership summit.
- Priority will be given to volunteers who are giving a talk or presentation at the leadership summit and those who have never attended the leadership summit before.
- Volunteers must be in good standing with experience at at least one CQNW camp session and be recommended by a member of the CQNW Board of Directors.
Staff Assistance Stipend
CQNW can provide financial assistance for volunteer staff who would otherwise be unable to attend a camp session due to financial obligations, such as the cost of rent payments, bills, or other financial hardships that they would incur by taking an entire week off of work. Applications for Staff Assistance Stipends will be considered in the order they are received.
The staff assistance fund is in no way creating an employer / employee relationship, and the money is provided as a stipend. Recipients of assistance funds will be required to sign a document agreeing to return the funds if they do not complete the full week of volunteering, except for situations outside of the volunteer’s control. Additionally, funds should not be disbursed earlier than 30 days prior to the camp session the recipient is registered for.
How To Apply
To apply for a Staff Travel Grant or Staff Assistance Stipend
- In order to qualify for any of these grants you must be accepted on staff for one or more CQNW sessions. You are welcome to apply for a grant before being accepted on staff and we will hold your place in the “queue” until you have been accepted.
- You must have a financial need for the grant. Those who can otherwise afford to travel should not apply for a travel grant.
- Complete the supplemental form “Volunteer Travel Grant and Staff Assistance Requests” within Active after you have completed your staff application.
- Recipients of travel grants will be required to submit receipts in order to receive reimbursement.