Camp Quest NorthWest provides an educational adventure shaped by fun, friends, and freethought, featuring science, natural wonder and humanist values. Register now for our June camp session, June 17-23, 2018. Visit our registration page for more information and details, or head straight to Active to register for camp or apply for financial aid.
We recently held our annual Planning Retreat at Camp Kirby, where 22 of our dedicated volunteers spent the weekend developing programming based on our exciting Flying Spaghetti Western camp theme. Here is just a taste of what we have in store for this year’s camp session.
- Our intrepid campers will embark along The Camp Quest Trail, inspired by the classic Oregon Trail video game. Their pioneering journey will be complete with a stop at the general store, broken wagon wheels, and the looming threat of dysentery.
- Regular visits from our resident Snake Oil Salesman to test the campers skepticism and critical thinking skills.
- Campers will learn how early pioneers brought color to their world by trying out some methods of natural Cloth Dyeing.
- We will discover the origins of photography by building replicas of early Pinhole Cameras.
- Campers will have the opportunity to create and dress their own loveable Flying Spaghetti Monster Yarn Dolls.
- Campers between the ages of 15-17 will participate in our Leadership Track (LT) Program, with programs designed to foster leadership, engagement and independence. LT campers pitching in with certain camp responsibilities such as administering hand-sanitizer at meal times and raising and lowering the camp flag, while also enjoying some additional freedoms to choose their preferred outdoor activities and helping to influence and develop the LT program itself.
We look forward to our June camp session which will feature an extra hour of daylight each day and actual green grass in the playfields. We also expect beautiful weather at the idyllic Camp Kirby and a smaller, more intimate camp session.